Christmas Day at MONKS Jakarta

December 29, 2016

Monks JakartaHello everyone! How's your Christmas day? 2016 is about to end real soon. Have you made another resolutions for 2017? Because I have! lol. Well, speaking of Christmas day, I went to this cafe in Kelapa Gading area named MONKS on the afternoon with my friend. Not neccesarily to celebrate Christmas but we just simply wanted to try their uniqe "pebble/stone" cake look alike. We first saw it on instagram and we couldn't help but to give it a try.

Monks JakartaWe were a little bit full by the time we came so we just ordered the cake along with their appetizers for share. They serve a fusion of both Western and Japanese food as it happens to be their concept too for the cafe's interior. I totally love the interior design and the ambiance. The place is quite spacious with 3 stories and they also offer outdoor seats.

Monks Jakarta
Monks Jakarta
Monks Jakarta
This is actually a mix of three appetizers:
Monks Jakarta
Monks Jakarta

1. The Gyo-Cos (Gyoza Tacos) - IDR 50K +
The tacos have mix veggies, sour cream, and two options of meat (beef/ pork) for the ingredients. Each taco was fresh, crunchy, and salty (in a good way).
2. Kinoko Ball - IDR 45K ++
I'm a fan of mushroom and cheese so I quite enjoyed every single bite of this one. It has a croquette kind of texture; pleasingly firm on the outside while melted on the inside.
3. Pork Bacon Bomb - IDR 45K ++:
This tasted just as good as the other two. The bacon was not chewy at all and it rolled together with rice + nori just like a sushi. Each roll was juicy and burst inside my mouth with a mix of flavors.
Glad to order these three musketeers; such a good taste combination and not to mention the beautiful presentation. Each appetizer has 4 pcs so its perfect for sharing. I gave these three the same score: 7,5/10


And here it comes to the main reason why we came here :))


Milk Chocolate Mousse - 39K ++
Monks Jakarta




When you heard someone says "Don't judge book by it's cover" then this one really matches those words. The texture is very soft, fluffy and a complete opposite of it's look.
Monks Jakarta

I loved how it melt in my mouth and it's actually a milk chocolate mousse cake. I was happy not to find it overly sweet too, so its an 8/10 from me!

Monks Jakarta
Monks Jakarta
Monks Jakarta
I haven't tried their main course but it's a cozy place to hangout. Good service and friendly price. I'd love to come back here another time to try some other menus.


MONKS
Komplek Graha Boulevard Timur
Blok ND 1/ 51
Kelapa Gading
Jakarta Utara

Ph: +62 21 2245 2487
W: monkscoffee.co
Ig: @monksjakarta


Map for MONKS




Find me on:


You Might Also Like

0 comments